ARE YOU AT RISK
What happens during a flood to an uprotected property?
In the event of a flood and if your property is not protected the following may happen:
- Water and other contaminants such as sewerage, oil and general debris will enter your home through doorways, windows and other apertures.
- Waste water outlets may channel the flood waters into the house.
- Flood water can enter through walls especially in a prolonged flood.
- The sewerage system i.e. a septic tank or mains system can back up and the added pressure from the flood water may result in the entire system backing up and overflowing within the property.
- Flood water may enter through airbricks or other forms of ventilation.
- Flood water may enter through the floors or into basements or cellars especially if the ground is made of permeable material.